Blogging Encounters of the Boring Kind

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Stats

Well for the 37 of you that have visited this week you'll probably notice Statcounter popping up when you do spyware scans. It doesn't read IP addresses or anything (that's a whole 'nother issue I'll address at a much later time). It basically just tells me how many people look at my rather unremarkable blog. What caught my eye is that there seems to be a spike in views on Tuesdays. I figure people look early in the week wanting new material, and then it tails off later when I have none. Of course back when we were in the middle of some issues that I was blogging about I had a major spike in readership.

There have been 443 page loads by 314 unique visitors, not exactly burning up the Internet as far as hits go. Looks like I have a ways to go before I reach Google like hits, or even the official website of some little greasy spoon lunch counter in Small Town USA for that matter.

Speaking of Google, I "Googled" The Parrot's Nest and was pleased to see my little corner of cyberspace listed 4th of the first page, although I wouldn't be surprised if that had more than just a little something to do with Blogger being part of the Google universe.

And yes, it is still funny that the Spell Check catches "Blog", "Google", "Blogging" and "Googled".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home