Blogging Encounters of the Boring Kind

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Need to post something....

Yeah it's been a couple weeks since I posted anything of any value, of course some would argue that it has yet to happen. My little situation that happened earlier in July seems to have cooled down. I really don't know why I wasted three years on it. Granted I still have opinions on it, and I'll likely never have the complete answers I was seeking, but it's just not worth the effort anymore. In some respects it'll never go away though, as much as we'd like to forget certain parts of out lives, they're still a part of who we are in the here and now.

I've moved on to different message boards where there's still some of the same people, one of them even one that I frequented years ago. I guess it was just time for a change. Change is something that's been a constant in my life. Actually change is constant for everyone, just more for some than others. Hell I've held 12 different jobs in the past 10 years just to get to the one I have now, which I actually love, probably the first time in a LONG time that I look forward to going to work.

Probably the biggest and most positive change is that I finally kicked the smoking habit back in April. I went on the patch for a week, then spent a day smoking, then just like that I threw away what smokes I had left, and have been cold turkey since, not even a hint of a craving. The first thing I noticed was the return of my sense of smell, or should I say an enhanced sense of smell, because even when I smoked I had a pretty good sniffer. When one of the other guys comes in from a smoke break I swear I can smell them from across the room, and think to myself, "My GOD that was me at one time!"

Next project has to be my weight, I'm only 5'10" and am pushing 240 lbs., and it sure as heck ain't muscle. When I got out of the Marines in 1994 I weighed about 180, that's 60 pounds I've gained in 12 years!!!! I think matching the shape I was in when I was a 23 year old Jarhead in fairly unrealistic. I'll be 35 in just over a month, I think that to be at least knocking on the door of 200 by the time I turn 36 is a reasonable expectation.

That's all for now. I've been taking a crapload of pictures lately, so maybe I'll have some photo posts up later in the week.

2 Comments:

Blogger NineCats said...

I'm glad to hear that you're still smoke free! That's great!

It's amazing how smoke odor remains on clothes... ;-)

Good luck with the weight loss.

11:30 AM

 
Blogger Penske said...

Great to hear from you Warren! No kidding about the odor, when the guys come back in from smoke breaks I can smell them from across the room...YUK!!!

5:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home