Blogging Encounters of the Boring Kind

Thursday, February 22, 2007

I'M FAMOUS!!!!

Well, not really, it probably doesn't even account for 10 seconds worth of my 15 minutes, but here goes.

A few months ago on my racing message board, Racing Stalkers , we were talking about the new Shell/Pennzoil sponsorship on Kevin Harvick's car for the 2007 NASCAR season. The primary colors of the new sponsorship are red and yellow, which of course led to joking about Kevin looking like Ronald McDonald in his new uniform and even someone posting a picture of Ronald.



I decided to have a little fun with the image in PhotoShop and put Kevin into it.



Of course it garnered laughs from the other posters, but I had no idea that it had fallen into famous hands. Someone told me that while Tony Stewart was being interviewed before the Daytona 500 he held up a pic of my creation, signed by Kevin, and after a review of the tape it turned out to be true. It even made it onto Tony Stewart's website .



This is just the coolest thing!! A picture I created in the hands of a major superstar, on national TV, during one of the biggest sporting events of the year!! Now will I ever get any real recognition for this? Probably not, and that's OK with me. It's cool to just know they've seen it.

But just in case, Kevin or Tony, if you see this? Drop me an email! LOL!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You're famous in our eyes!

I am going to post a link to your blog posting on my blog. Your little actions will ultimately raise $100K for the Victory Junction Gang.

Check out Kevin Harvick's blog on Infield Parking. www.InfieldParking.com/KevinHarvick

Your work also precipitated into this blog on ESPN http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=2825864&name=newton_david

If you have an account on Infield Parking, I would like to have you featured. If not, well, what are you waiting for!?!


-Ed Sullivan-
CEO- InfieldParking.com

12:00 PM

 
Blogger Penske said...

Ed, you can view my Infield parking Space here.....

http://www.infieldparking.com/DC5150

1:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home