Blogging Encounters of the Boring Kind

Monday, September 11, 2006

September 11, 2001

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Well today marks the 5th Anniversary of probably the most horrific and tragic events in out Nation's history. On this day 5 years ago terrorists hijacked 4 planes, 2 brought down the World Trade Center in New York City, one flew into the Pentagon, and another, intended for the White House, went down in a Pennsylvania field after heroic passengers thwarted the terrorists intended target.

Another blogger decided to honor the 2,996 people who lost their lives that day by recruiting the same number of bloggers to each honor a victim of the September 11th attacks. (My link back to that project doesn't seem to be working, I'll edit it in when I find it). I was assigned Thomas E. Gorman, 41, of Middlesex, New Jersey.

Thomas was a police officer with the Port Authority of New York and New jersey, and perished at the World Trade Center. He left a behind a wife and children, who I'm sure are very proud of him, and also miss him very much. Some comments by friends and family can be found on his page at September 11 Victims.com.

Thank you Thomas for all your did for friends, family, and others in need on that awful day.

1 Comments:

Blogger kateandjona said...

I hope his family is doing ok. I was 5 when my Dad died, I was 8 when the towers fell. It's so hard on the kids.

I am blogger # 926
I remember Robert Levine.

7:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home